Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm trying....

So..I have been trying to update my blog with all of our Disney photos, ok maybe 25 out of the 600 we took, but things have been going against me. I have all the photos uploaded and just need to write the commentary below them. Sounds easy, doesn't it. Well, last night was a night that was fairly free and I thought I could get a good chunk done. Ummm, yeah, didn't happen.
I took Makynna to dance class, and was home by 6pm. John was doing his homework because he wanted to go to the first home HS hockey game. Livi was off playing with Makynna, and wasn't tugging on my pants for me to read her a book, so I took advantage of the extra time and tried to get a few things picked up and put away. It was a good 10 minutes later, maybe a red flag should have went up before that, but hey I was getting something done... Makynna says, "Livi what do you have on your face?" I perk up...hmmm... "Mom, Livi has boogers all over her face." ...great... I go into the living room and see my daughter with, not sure what, all over her face, hands, clothes. I pick her up - yeah, not boogers. There is at least 1/4 cup of something all over her face. I smell it. Still unsure. I'm trying to wipe it off - not working real well. I sent John in to investigate while I continue to clean. As Livi is saying "AaahKee" and holding her hands up. John comes back to say that it's Bag Balm! You know the stuff that you can put on diaper rash that is the consistency of Vaseline. Oh, boy. So I strip her down, get her cleaned off and go to explore what she touched. Praying that it wasn't on our semi-new couch. I should have prayed when I got home...it was a little too late. There it was, hand prints going down the long side of our L shaped couch (did I mention that it's swede). 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...hand prints. So, I'm trying to clean that up - not sure what I should use, but when I'm wiping it you can't tell where the spot is because everything when wet looks dark. 20 minutes later. Entered said child's room. It is on the changing table's door, inside, all over the floor. She had wipes everywhere too, I'm assuming that she was trying to clean it up or get it off of her hands. So I start cleaning in there. Time goes by, hadn't seen Livi for awhile. Red flag? Should be. I come out of her room and see her in the bathroom, with TP all over, in the toilet and out. Wet TP on the floor. Seriously. Can this be happening. Stay calm. Yeah. I flushed the toilet, praying (again) that it flushed. First time did, second, not so much. Plunged it and all was good.
At this point I needed to take John to the game. I put clothes on Liv and we're gone. Have to stop at the bank to get cash for him, ahhh yeah, no cash card. It's in the coat I wore earlier when I was getting gas... nice. Head back home to get it, get back to the ATM. Sit there. Pin. What's the pin? I know it has a 5, 9, and 0. Two of one number, but in what order. 0059? no. 5009? no. 9005? no 5900? no. Urgh. Stress is getting to me. It's not like I just got this pin. Come on. Decided to stop, didn't want them to cancel the card. Called our neighbor to see if I could borrow $10. Got it and took John to the game. Grabbed McD's for the girls - still hadn't had supper and it was 8:30. Got home fed them and put them to bed. By then it was almost 10. Recleaned the coach. Got stuff ready for today and it was 10:30. End day. Picture? uh. no. wasn't thinking of that at the time. Brad was in Bismarck and lucky enough to only HEAR about he experience and finding it funny. Yeah funny. Maybe I'll think it's funny - in a week.
So, didn't really get any time to do the post. Sorry. Maybe tonight? After confirmation, cubbies and running to the store for a b-day present. Maybe.

2 comments:

Jody said...

That is too funny! She got my TP today also. And yesterday. :-)
And Maelee got the cat's water 3 times - and the cat food. Oh, for the love of toddlers! Hope you have a better night tonight!

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about that.. however I found it very funny, almost everyday is like that for me so it is nice to see I am not alone! God just needs to bless every mom with a really great sense of humor, that is the only way we will get through it;o)