Saturday, August 9, 2008

Being without mom and dad...

I had to drop off John and his friend Mike at Bible Camp last Sunday. I was a bit nervous, John has spent time away from us of course, but only with family. This was a little different, and just another milestone that Mom had to get through. When we got there we had to go and register. On the way over there all we saw were little clusters of girls - where ever you turned...there were more. I made the comment that "I thought I signed you guys up for an all boys camp," and before I could finish my sentence Mike said... "If it were all boys we wouldn't have signed up" Look out for that one!! John said that he had an "OK" time, but I think he enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure that I missed him more that he missed us...
Makynna on the other hand, must still like to be around Brad and I. I had a good friend's daughter, Beth, come over and babysit the other night so I could go out to WeFest. Beth said that after she put Livia to bed her and Makynna were coloring. Mid-coloring Makynna looked up at her and said "You know, sometimes it's really hard to be without your mom and dad and be with someone else." How cute!! BTW Beth when she got up she said that she really had fun with you and whenever she needed a babysitter she wanted to get you :)

No comments: